Eight essential technologies
Published on April 13, 2018 | 1 min read
Here are eight essential technologies that matter now and are predicted to have the most impact in the coming years. Interestingly, they are all relevant to insurance companies and their damage restoration partners.
This comprehensive analysis by PWC, a leading professional services company, goes beyond the simple list of “cool” technologies by starting their reflection at the megatrends level and also considering the main reasons why these technologies are ready for prime time.
- Artificial Intelligence: To power insurance automation
- Augmented reality: For remote assistance
- Blockchain: To enable smart insurance contracts
- Drones: To handle remote inspections
- IOT: To trigger service/maintenance activities before any bigger damage takes place
- Robots: To initially take care of the most repetitive task of claims professional
- Virtual Reality: For training inspectors and craftsmen – 3D printing: To one day being able to “print” the parts you need to fix most damages And yes, it still ends up as a list of “cool technologies” with nothing really unexpected.
The thing is, if you operate in the insurance property damage claims ecosystem, these technologies are already relevant to you!